Explosive 12 x 20 Watercolor in progress.
Now that we are in the throes of humidity...I'm working more in the cool studio!
Here is a glimpse of a new watercolor, Explosive, that I've been working on.
Anyone who knows my humorous thinking, will understand this title and painting. In the start of the tainted lettuce, on the News, it was all I was hearing, explosive (you fill in the blank). While I'm truly sorry and feel empathy for those who were/are experiencing the rath of the vegetables, I just couldn't let it go without some sort of reference.
With that being said, how this piece started, and my thought process, it has turned into a rather nice piece! The draft horses, splashing into the river, hauling a wagon full of explosives! They have somewhere that they need to be, and fast! Though not the same place the people on the News had to be...fast!
It is believed that a great artist will paint the signs of the times, and document what is happening in our world at the time. While many may see my work as just a horse artist, a painter of horses, etc. I indeed do paint the times of our world as it is at that moment. I use the subject matter, the horse, to tell the stories of the now. Some get it, some don't. And some find their own stories in a piece of my work. Which is amazing!
I hope you have a great rest of your Summer.
~Deborah
